Sunday 10 January 2010

Studio Publications Part IV

In the first post of this series about Toronto's Studio Publications I said that Studio published 14 books in the early 50s. Until about an hour ago I still believed that. I've just learned that there were at least another four books published in an imprint called Junior Adventure Library. The books I've been able to tease out of the Internet are:

The Blockade Runners by Jules Verne
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp by anon.
Dawn Patrol by Thomson Burtis

Here is Robinson Crusoe.
 


I've mentioned before when I introduced my Canadian Paperback Guides that one of the pleasant challenges of collecting vintage Canadian paperbacks is establishing the population. Every once in a while books like these pop up. If anyone knows of other books in this series please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment