Sunday 28 November 2010

Crown Novel Publishing Part I

In my earlier post about Canadian publishers and the post-war British book market I discussed Popular Publications. Another Canadian publisher abroad is Crown Novel Publishing Company. The books carry a 1946 "printed" date and are unnumbered. There are nine I've found so far.

Seven Men states "Published by Crown Novel Book Publishing Company [sic] for Pemberton’s of Manchester Limited, 14 Lever Street, Manchester, England. Wholesale distribution through World Distributors Incorporated, Manchester, England."

The source for Rangeland Clean-up is unknown. Seven Men was first published in the April 12 1941 issue of Detective Fiction Weekly and then as a book by Quinn Publishing (New York, 1942). Seven Men is 124mm x 183mm and Rangeland Clean-up is 135mm x 210mm. My copy of Seven Men does not have a back cover.





No comments:

Post a Comment